Re: [mdmbl-dev] Problem with Webclient Setup

Hi Matthias,

thanks for the pointers, in the security log I saw that the login is actually successful and the server was properly configured. But after the login, the access to the web resources is denied.

The call to  http://localhost:8080/org.eclipse.mdm.nucleus/j_security_check returns a cookie and redirects to a url with the sessionid. This call then is also is successful and returns the index.html with Status 200.

But after this the GET Requests to the js files that are referenced from the index.html fail. Upon further investigation, I discovered that for some reason, Chrome does not set the Cookie it got from the j_security_check.

This led me to the idea to try it with Firefox, and there it just worked and the application showed up!

And in Edge -> works too!
And in Chrome with incognito modus? -> works too!

But even after cleaning all cookies and locally stored resources, it still didn't work in the normal Chrome.

But as long as it works with some browser, it's ok for now. In case
someone else has the this problem in the future, you can recommend to try another browser :)

Thanks for your help!

Best,

Fabian

Fabian Dreier
Karakun AG
Elisabethenanlage 25
CH-4051 Basel
Direkt: +41 76 463 93 55
Zentrale: +41 61 551 3600
fabian.dreier@xxxxxxxxxxx
https://karakun.com
https://dev.karakun.com

m.koller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx hat am 15. Oktober 2019 um 11:55 geschrieben:

Hi Fabian,

the credentials are checked when posting to j_security_check. You should receive a 302 with a redirect to http://localhost:8080/org.eclipse.mdm.nucleus/. What response did you receive for this request?

Did the ConnectorService log something to the mdm5.log?

You can also try increase the log level for javax.enterprise.system.core.security to get more information during the login.

Best,

Matthias