Re: [m2e-users] put a note about plugins on the m2e download page

I have the same feel , too.

2011/8/10 Mike Wilson <mikewse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi Eclipse project owners,

I think people that haven't followed the M2E development closely
may have some difficulties in finding M2E plugins. Personally I
only found them after searching the mailing list and from
experience I know many people stop looking long before that ;-).

On the old Sonatype site (still first hit on Google):
http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/
you list the update sites for M2E Core and M2E Extras (with a
number of plugins f ex WTP) together on the main install page:
http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/installing-m2eclipse.html

I think it would be very beneficial to try to do something
along the same lines on the new download page:
http://eclipse.org/m2e/download/

Maybe something like this:

 *Installing m2eclipse*
 <existing content...>

 *Update Sites*
 <existing content...>

 *Installing m2eclipse Extras and Plugins*
 Additional plugins that extend m2eclipse (WTP, Tycho, etc) are
 installed through the m2e marketplace, which is accessed
 through the m2eclipse preferences:
   Window > Preferences > Maven > Discovery > Open Catalog

Best regards
Mike Wilson