[m2e-dev] Wish to contribute an incubating bundle for easier import

Hi,

I'm currently working on a more intuitive import workflow and framework for the Eclipse IDE that has been contributed to e4 and that will hopefully get in Platform UI for Mars+1. This framework is documented here: https://wiki.eclipse.org/E4/UI/Smart_Import .
I have an extension available to automatically detect and configure Maven projects when using this import mechanism. The extension is available at https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-playground/tree/master/plugins/org.jboss.tools.playground.easymport.maven and relies on m2e APIs. I believe it would make much sense to move it to m2e, as an Experimental/Incubating component.

Do you have any concern with such a contribution? What would be the next steps to proceed?

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat