Re: [lsp4e-dev] Requesting feedback to a change that adds support for nested sub-projects to LSP4E

On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 1:40 PM, Pohl, Christoph <christoph.pohl@xxxxxxx> wrote:

We would actually like to get the fix with Photon or shortly after.

What are the timelines for 0.7.0?
At https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.lsp4e I see only 0.6.0 for 2018-05-15

Unfortunately, as 0.6.0 is delayed and is more likely to happen by end of May, there is no much time left to produce, test and release a 0.7.0 for Photon (most of LSP4E contributors are also working on other Eclipse projects which do drastically increase the workload between now and mid-June and cannot dedicate much time to just LSP4E).
As soon as 0.6.0 is released -or at least built-, we can start working on a 0.7.0; and once we have a good state that everyone likes, release it. It could be very early after Photon.

and 1.0.0 for 2018-06-27 (rebranded 0.6.0 for Photon GA, I guess)

I'll update that, but at the moment, with changes such as the one you propose and a backlog containing a few critical items, I'd rather keep the project state as Incubating and version to 0.6.0 to prevent adopters from believing its API and workflows are stable.
So 0.6.0 will be the one in Photon.

For your use-case, I still believe it would be more profitable for you to make your LS support the workspaceFolders capability which is already supported by most major LSP clients.

HTH

--
Christoph