[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libra-dev] Oxygen Update Site?
- From: Kaloyan Raev <kaloyan.r@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 16:22:58 +0300
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/45.7.0
1) what needs to be done to have Eclipse automatically install the
correct Libra release depending on the PDE version?Require-Bundle directives would help. p2 uses this directive to
determine if the selected features and plugins can be installed on the
(0.3.0 for Mars, 0.3.1 for Neon, 'latest' for Oxygen)
Would it be sufficient to restrict the Require-Bundle directives?
-> this would mean fixing the respective branches and doing a new
release for each of the maintainance branches.
I am not sure if it's worth the effort to have new maintenance releases
for the old versions. I would imagine there are not many users, if any.
We already have p2 repos like:
that contain the compatible release for the respective Eclipse
Will it be good enough if we have them for Luna and later?
2) in pom.xml, a number of p2 repos are specified with specific
builds. I guess each of these should be updated to a corresponding
stable release repo (at least during the simultaneous release days)?