Will Libra eventually be able to launch Virgo and deploy/redeploy artefacts to it? One use case is to use Virgo to develop OSGi standard artifacts and in this use case one wouldn't really need the Virgo tooling.

Regards,
Glyn

On 27 Jun 2011, at 10:09, Raev, Kaloyan wrote:

OK, I see. I did not know that Virgo PARs are not exactly the same as the subsystems described in RFC 152 (to be honest, I am just about to start reading the RFC).
In this case, it really makes sense to first implement the RFC 152 tooling in Libra and then Virgo Tools to adopt them and extend.

Greetings,
Kaloyan

From: libra-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:libra-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Glyn Normington
Sent: 27 юни 2011 г. 12:04 ч.
To: Libra developers list
Subject: Re: [libra-dev] OSGi Enterprise 4.3 Specification Early Access Draft available

I agree, except that the Virgo tooling does not yet support RFC 152 artefacts (although these are similar to plans and PARs) so you have to look quite deeply to see the generic parts.

(In time, Libra should have all the OSGi standard tooling and the Virgo tooling should just add the Virgo specifics to Libra. This will take quite a bit of work to achieve however.)

Regards,
Glyn