[libra-dev] Ramp down plan for Indigo

Hello,

One of the requirements for the Simultaneous Release is to have the so called “ramp down plan”:

“Projects must have a written ramp down policy by M6, at the latest, and provide link. The plan should describe when the project plans to be feature complete, have API frozen, and similar. ”

I propose to use the WTP Ramp Down Plan [1] for the Libra project. For several reasons:

1)      Libra is a subproject of WTP J. All other WTP subproject use this ramp down plan. So, let’s be consistent.

2)      This ramp down plan proved to work well for years.

3)      Even if it might sound a little bit restrictive for an incubating project, I don’t think it will affect Libra in a negative way. We don’t plan any major changes in Libra for Indigo – we will deliver what we already have as completed contributions with some minor enhancements. Nevertheless, if we need to do any significant change (like API change or late bugfix), according to the ramp down plan we need to communicate this with the WTP PMC – which is always good to be transparent.

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP_3.3_Ramp_down_Plan_for_Indigo

Please, take a look the proposed ramp down plan and state your opinion.

Greetings,

Kaloyan Raev | T +359 2 9157-416
SAP Labs Bulgaria | PO LJS for StreamWork

Back to the top