Re: [leshan-dev] Request for information : LWM2M RPK configuration

I never tested to bootstrap with RPK mode. But it "should" be ok.

If you are using the leshan-bs-server demo, you can't add RPK credential using UI but you can use the REST API. In this mailing list thread[1] you can see an example with a python script to add PSK but you can do the same with RPK filling the publicKeyOrId for public key and secretKey for private key in binary format.

if you are use the java api it's the same thing except you should create your org.eclipse.leshan.server.bootstrap.BootstrapConfig and add it to the org.eclipse.leshan.server.bootstrap.BootstrapStore

For more detail about private and public key format see this part of the LWM2M specification :

"E.1.1.2 Raw-Public Key (RPK) Mode
The raw-public key mode requires a public key and a private key of the appropriate type and length for the cipher suite
used. These keys are carried as a sequence of binary bytes with the public key stored in the Public Key or Identity Resource,
and the private key stored in the Secret Key Resource. The public key MUST be encoded using the SubjectPublicKeyInfo
structure, as described in [RFC7250].
The private key is encoded as defined in [RFC5958]."

Which LWM2M client are you using ? Just for information currently the Leshan Client didn't support RPK & X509.

HTH

Simon

[1] https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/leshan-dev/msg00369.html