Re: [leshan-dev] Northbound Redis API

On Do, 2016-07-07 at 15:52 +0200, Simon Bernard wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    Currently I'm working on northbound Interface[1] of cluster
> support
> on Leshan.
>    I began to describe what could be the API for the redis
> implementation [2].
>
>    Any comments ?
>
> [1]https://github.com/eclipse/leshan/wiki/Cluster#northbound-
> interface

This is really great, Simon :-) I really like the very easy to folow
and understand step-by-step explanation of the message flow through the
system. Thanks for "brushing this up"!

> [2]https://github.com/eclipse/leshan/wiki/Cluster#northbound-api

This is a very good starting point from my point of view. Thanks again
for preparing this first version.
Do you see the message format as being Redis specific? AFAIK I would
try to define the message format and semantics as much as possible
independently from the transport/broker we want to use. I do not see
any implicit dependencies on Redis yet so I assume that we can agree on
this point easily, can't we?
Regaring the message format, I do have some hints/questions but I would
also like Bala to step in here first because our LWM2M team at Bosch
has also thought about a way to interact with LWM2M over a message
broker and has therefore also defined a message format for that
purpose. I think we should try to "consolidate" the things they learned
during that process with what you have created on the wiki page so that
we can use a single message format in the future.

@Bala: Can you share the stuff you guys have been doing in that area?
Maybe you can create a PDF from your wiki and post it on the list?