Re: [leshan-dev] Time for a milestone release

Simon,

regarding your usage of the PublicKey:

Am I right in assuming that you keep a Map<InetSocketAddress, PublicKey> which you use to verify that a LWM2M client’s endpoint address matches the (pre-)registered PublicKey?

If this is the case, couldn’t you simply use a Map<InetSocketAddress, String> where you use the Principal.getName() as the value? At least this is how the CoAP spec envisions the usage of RawPublicKeys, using a hash of the SubjectInfo structure as defined by RFC 6920 [1]. This is exactly what RawPublicKeyIdentity.getName() returns …

Or are you doing any cryptographic verification based on the PublicKey?

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6920

Regards,

Kai