[leshan-dev] Model discovering

Hi,
I just push the first step for a model discovering in a new development branch.
  (https://github.com/eclipse/leshan/tree/discover)

The idea is to be able retrieve the model description of client objects (for custom objects mainly) using the discover feature. I think this could be useful, even if the lwM2m spec seems to say that Discover operation is not really done for that. ("Discover operation is used to discover attributes and to discover which Resources are implemented in a certain Object.")
  Discover attributes ? not really clear ...

To do that I just use the "title" and "type" attributes described in the web linking RFC [5988] referenced by the CoRE Link Format [RFC6690].
  (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6690#section-3)
  (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5988#section-5.3)
  So a discover on the object /2 will returns something like that :
</2>;title="LWM2M Access Control", </2/0/0>;title="Object ID";type="INTEGER", </2/0/1>;title="Object Instance ID";type="INTEGER", </2/0/2>;title="ACL";type="INTEGER", </2/0/3>;title="Access Control Owner";type="INTEGER"

  Ideally, we would like to have more information like :
   - the object is multiple or not
   - the resource operations available (read? write? execute?)
   ... ...

  But there is no attribute which could match with that.
I suppose if lwM2m spec want to address this problem, more attributes should be defined. A possibility is also to create specific leshan attributes (leshan.multiple, leshan.operation="RW", ...)

Simon

Back to the top