Re: [leshan-dev] Leshan logo design brief

With some delay, here is a slightly reworked version of the brief, which I hope addresses your remarks.

Julien – I think next step is to put this online on e.g http://www.crowdspring.com/ or http://www.designcrowd.com?

We need a logo for our open source software project Leshan – https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/iot.leshan
Leshan is a technology that allows users to control “things” in the Internet of Things. It is based on standards that allow anyone to easily retrieve the temperature of a smart thermostat, or to remotely upgrade the embedded software running in a connected device. It implements state-of-the-art security techniques.

The name of the project comes from the chinese city of Leshan, widely known for its Giant Buddha - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leshan

The Leshan project is part of a larger ecosystem of open-source project called “Eclipse IoT”. The Eclipse IoT website is available at http://iot.eclipse.org and the Eclipse IoT logo is available at https://wiki.eclipse.org/IOT/Resources#Eclipse_IoT_logo. While not mandatory, we encourage designers to provide logos that convey the idea of Leshan belonging to the Eclipse IoT initiative. This can be done by adopting a color scheme similar to Eclipse IoT logo or website, or one that matches it.

Since the logo will need to be used on different types of media (website, presentation slides, stickers), it is desirable to provide some variations of the logo, in terms of formats. At a minimum: a "full" logo, a sticker version, and a square version that can be turned into an icon.

* Buddha
* Connecting
* Secured / Security

Benjamin Cabé