Re: [leshan-dev] Commit policy: RTC or CTR?

+1 for CTR and PRs when appropriate.

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 2:41 PM Manu Sangoi <manu.sangoi.dev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I'm fine with CTR too. And pull-requests when needed only.

Manu

Since the repository is up, I think it's time to discuss about commit policy (for committers).
I think basically we have two choice:

RTC: Review-Then-Commit
We don't commit directly in the master we create a pull request and ask peer to review it, if everything fine we can merge it.

CTR : Commit-Then-Review
Any committer can commit directly in master, all the committer need to follow the commit mailing list (https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/leshan-commit/) and review the commit afterward.
If something is wrong, just mention it on the mailing list and the author will need to revert, fix or explain why he think it's a good idea.

I'm more in favor in CTR, creating a pull-request for any minor change can by a PITA, but we are still free to use pull-request when we think reviewing before committing can be useful (like massive Simon's refactoring :).

WDYT ?
Julien