[kura-dev] another question

I'm creating a ConfigurableService and I would like to put a password into the web UI.   I looked at the metatype for the MqttDataTransport...which has a password used to connect to the cloud service...and the acd for that field looks like this:

        <AD id="password"
            name="password"
            type="Password"
            cardinality="0"
            required="false"
            default="password"
            description="Password to be used when connecting to the MQTT broker."/>

And the code that handles this configuration looks like this:

	Password password = (Password) properties.get("password");

The Password class is:  org.eclipse.kura.configuration.Password

Fair enough.   But when I put the exact same AD into my metatype, and try to use the property the following line throws an exception:

	Password password = (Password) properties.get("password");

The type of the password property is not Password, but rather it's a String and what looks like a uuencoded value for the String...e.g.:  1LnomW8pXWdXQLVTfyMQ1Q==

Obviously there is something I'm doing differently to not get a Password instance via the Kura Config Admin.   Any idea what that is?

Thanksinadvance for any thoughts,

Scott

Back to the top