From: kura-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [kura-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Lewis, ScottX [scottx.lewis@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2016 11:48 AM
To: kura-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [kura-dev] Device SSL Certificate

Hi,

I'm trying to use the kura (2.0.2) admin interface on a emulator to configure an instance so that a paho client can securely connect to a remote mosquitto broker.

It looks as though I should be using the Settings->Device SSL Certificate admin UI to do so.   I'm creating a client crt and key via this script:

https://github.com/owntracks/tools/blob/master/TLS/generate-CA.sh

and this works/installs fine on mosquitto broker.  However, I enter in a script-created client.crt and client.key into the dialog I get the following error to a web dialog:

Fri Nov 04 11:34:57 GMT-700 2016 ErrorLogger INFO: : ILLEGAL_ARGUMENTorg.eclipse.kura.web.shared.GwtKuraException: ILLEGAL_ARGUMENT
   at Unknown.gd(denali-0.js)
   at Unknown.pd(denali-0.js)
   at Unknown.pUb(denali-0.js)
   at Unknown.uUb(denali-0.js)
   at Unknown.$1(denali-0.js)
   at Unknown.W1(denali-0.js)
   at Unknown.t0(denali-0.js)
   at Unknown.a1(denali-0.js)
   at Unknown._n(denali-0.js)
   at Unknown.oo(denali-0.js)
   at Unknown.eval(denali-0.js)
   at Unknown.je(denali-0.js)
   at Unknown.me(denali-0.js)
   at Unknown.eval(denali-0.js)

Perhaps there is more logging out for this that's more diagnostic, but I'm unsure where that would be.   In the emulator, it doesn't print anything out to the system console.

Am I doing something obviously wrong?  Is there another place I should look for diagnostic error info?   Are there any instructions for configuring a Kura/Paho instance as a client for accessing a secure mosquitto broker?

Thanksinadvance,

Scott