From: Henryk Konsek <hekonsek@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [kura-dev] Running Java 8 code in Kura
Date: February 8, 2016 at 12:30:17 EST

Hi,

As far as I know Kura 1.3.0 is supposed to run Java 8 code. However when I deploy 1.8 bundles into I can see the following exception:

  Require-Capability: osgi.ee;filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=1.8))"

Maybe we should add the 1.8 profile to Equinox, as described here [1]. See "Working approach 3: Patch Equinox Patch the org.eclipse.osgi bundle to include Luna's JavaSE-1.8.profile.".

What do you think?

Cheers!

--
Henryk Konsek