[kura-dev] ecf greetings

Hi There,

I wasn't previously aware of the kura project proposal, but now that I've had a chance to look at it there may be utility in knowing about/using work that the ECF project [1] has been doing in OSGi Remote Services (chap 100 in enterprise spec) and Remote Service Admin (chap 122) [2]. It seems from the proposal that kura is using standardized OSGi services (config admin, ds, OSGi service registry, etc)...and OSGi Remote Services and RSA are in that category.

Further, ECF's asynch messaging-based provider architecture allows the support of arbitrary m2m protocols...e.g. we've just released a OSGi RS provider based upon MQTT (the Eclipse paho implementation atm) [3]. ECF's multi-protocol support is seemingly a good technical standards-based fit with Kura's desire to act as a 'service gateway'.

In any event, I'm the ECF project lead and the project home page is here [1]. Hope we can work together.

Scott

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/ecf
[2] https://wiki.eclipse.org/ECF#OSGi_Remote_Services
[3] http://www.eclipse.org/ecf/NewAndNoteworthy.html