[jwt-dev] Feedbacks on JWT extensions from Bull Team.

Sorry for a long time without feedbacks. Here is the status on our
side.

1. We started from a complete checkout of JWT that we committed on our own
forge for our convenience (can test things without breaking JWT..., By the
way, at that time, none of us were committers).

2. Refactor JWT so it fits our requirements. We implemented the concept of
FactoryRegistry as an extension point. This registry contains all factories
used by JWT : ImageFactory, FigureFactory, EditPartFactory, and
PaletteFactory. JWT has been modified to provide a default FactoryRegistry
which provide the same behaviour (aka same factory implementation) as before.

3. Create a Bonita extension of JWT that fulfill our requirements. Basically,
Bonita provides another implementation of the FactoryRegistry through the
extension point. This implementation is smart enough to use some stuff of JWT
(some icons, some figures, some editparts) *and* some of ours (our BPMN
icons, our BPMN figures, our own editparts). Thus, from our point of view,
extending not only means adding but also removing some parts, and adapting
others. This is done by the factory patterns that is both quite simple and
very powerful. Currently the EditPartFactory does not fulfill our expectation
in terms of software quality but it works. We are working on a nicer solution
(currently, a classloader has to be passed to JWT so it can load the correct
Bonita class).

All this work is currently in our forge at the following location :

JWT Extended Prototype :
http://svn.forge.objectweb.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/bonita/trunk/jwt-we-proto/

Bonita Extension on top of JWT extended prototype :
http://svn.forge.objectweb.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/bonita/trunk/studio/

4. Marc Blachon did a cvs checkout of JWT in order to see and resolve
conflicts, and to start the merging of our proposition (FactoryRegistry and
JWT-only implementations). Unfortunately, he found some compilation issues
with the new JWT versions that he was unable to solve. He is currently on
leave.

Next steps will be :
1. Resolve current JWT compilation issues ;
2. Resolve conflicts between our modifications of JWT and yours.
3. Propose our modifications for a commit.
4. Possibly Commit (depending on feedbacks).

Regards.
--
Pierre Vignéras
Bull, Architect of an Open World TM