[jwt-dev] Beginning of a monitoring plug-in

Hello,

I've written a little plug-in framework that can be used to monitor a workflow state from a workflow engine. This is not at all a mature plug-in for the moment, but I hope it is an interesting base for the future.

Monitoring a workflow engine can be done in a few steps:
1. Implement an interface (WorkflowService) with your favorite workflow engine. (We use the "Adapter" design-pattern) 2. Make this service accessible to the user who wants to monitor it in Eclipse (you can use webservices, rmi, or anything you are able to write a client programmaticaly) 3. Implement an extension plug-in which defines the way to acces the service (so called a service provider) from inside Eclipse.

We are currently able to monitor Bonita via a CXF/Aegis WebService (see the wiki for screenshots).

You can find more detailed information and basis for discussion on the JWT wiki at http://wiki.eclipse.org/JWT_Monitoring

Hope you will find it interesting!

Regards,
Mickael