Re: [jwt-dev] MWE-project

Hi Florian

Thanks for sharing this with us.

However, it seems MWE is a "modeling workflow" engine targeting the MDA process, rather than a generic workflow engine. So it is a business-specific problematic, and we are not on the same level.

However, JWT may still be a valid platform for their development, given its goals pertaining workflow model genericity. That means MWE could be a specific workflow model and engine offering a global point of view on the MDA approach, whose modeler is JWT's using its own workflow model and / or representation plugin.

Bernd, if this idea strikes a cord in your view of the problem, we'd be very interested in discussing it further.

Regards
Marc Dutoo
Open Wide

Florian Lautenbacher wrote:

Hi all,
according to Anne Jacko there will be a new EMFT sub project with the focus on workflow modeling for the model-driven development and generation of code. It is called MWE, the Modeling Workflow Engine. That sounds very similar to what we are aiming, doesn't it? Shall we contact the project lead of MWE? Perhaps the two projects can work together... Best regards, Florian --- *EMFT - new MWE component

*The Eclipse Modeling Project contains several components for working with models in the context of model-driven development. All of these components are essential for a practical MDD tool chain. What is missing, however, is something that binds these tools together. Specifically, a component is required that can be used to orchestrate a model processing chain. The Modeling Workflow Engine will provide an extensible framework to describe and execute this processing chain called workflow.

The whole proposal can be found at http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/emft-dev/pdfyXXaG0L5Hz.pdf.*

*/Bernd Kolb, EMFT/*
*