[jwt-dev] Re: [Metamodel] Why do not use BPDM as MetaModel ?

Hi Emmanuel,

I agree with you that BPDM is a great meta-model that captures all the aspects that we will need. But it is much too big when you want to implement all aspects in a few month. Using BPDM would take us years to come up with a presentable solution. Therefore, I agree with Marc in one of his former posts, where he said that we should more focus on existing tools and how they can be changed in order to meet all requirements for XPDL, BPEL, etc. than to start from scratch and throw away all existing code.
The work from Steve is a great starting point and gives us hints what we will need to change on the current meta-model in order to generate XPDL in the end.

Best regards,

Florian

---

Hello,

BPDM (Business Process Definition MetaModel) project has started few years ago. The goal of this project is:
"This specification has been through a multi-year process within the Object Management Group (OMG) to define a common meta model for the various process notations, methodologies and standards.  BPDM also serves as the meta model behind the popular Business Process Modeling (BPMN) notation."

The last proposal for specification has been submited at the end of last month. You can visit the site http://www.modeldriven.org/web/bpdm and see the specification.

I see a lot of advantages:
1) A lot of people have worked on this model and i think they fixed a lot of potential problems
2) This is linked with the BPMN project, the standard in terms of GUI approach
3) This is the OMG standard meta model
4) It covered XPDL and BPEL

So what do you think ?
Emmanuel