[jgit-dev] Build question about JGit

Hello,

I'm trying to make some experimental fixes regarding issue https://github.com/eclipse-jgit/jgit/issues/33 and confused about how JGit core is consuming those other features in the repo gpg.bc.

Our project has a direct dependency on JGit and JGit.apache.ssh features. It looks like JGit will load the class BouncyCastleGpgSigner, which is implemented under gpg.bc, in its service loader at runtime. My plan is to patch BouncyCastleGpgSigner class to create a memoized BCProvider, rather than registering one into the application as additional JSP. However, after I made the change and built the JGit core jars, I didn't see my changes are picked up. So I'm confused on how the gpg.bc feature is declared as a dependency for JGit module and how I can tweak it and use my local patched version.

Thanks for your help!
With kind regards,
Yi Wei

Back to the top