[jgit-dev] JGit assumptions about underlying FS

Hi,

The crucial part of git performance is the underlying file system. For the CGit it is easy to assume that it will be used in a "client" mode on a regular HD or SSD. Does this assumption also make sense for JGit?

Are all of the default JGit configuration values defined with the local HD in mind?

Also, from the code review perspective, should we assume that JGit is used in a "client" mode on a local HD, or a different approach is advised?

Is this documented somewhere?

I'm asking because different settings and code recommendations make sense for different underlying file systems. Eg. on high latency NFS it would probably make more sense to limit the amount of IO calls, whereas on HD (or especially SSD) those are blazing fast and cheap.

Regards
Darek

--
Blog: https://luksza.org http://habitchallenge.co
LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/in/dluksza

P.S. Have you checked the Habit Challenge app? You should ;)

Back to the top