Re: [jgit-dev] RefDirectory/LockFile: preserve .git/packed-refs symlink

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 1:34 PM, Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 11:31 AM, Marc Strapetz <marc.strapetz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've a pending patch which resolves a bug and which I think is ready to be merged:

https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/114800/

and a related patch regarding symlinks:

https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/114799/

for which I have addressed the problem in a more general way in (still needs feedback):

https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/114810/

can you please comment on Jonathan's comments in

Are changes 114799 and 114819 alternatives or do you think we need both ?

I'd prefer if the commit messages are self-contained, they should capture the important
facts. Referring to a bug having additional information is ok but the commit message should
explain essentials necessary to understand the change and the reasons why it's needed.

Back to the top