Re: [jgit-dev] Cloning repository with invalid objects

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 5:17 PM, Constantin, Vered <vered.constantin@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello developers,

I'm a developer in SAP and we are working on Web IDE product which integrates JGit.

We have some unexpected behavior which I would like to share with you.

When trying to clone a project that contains an invalid object (e.g. https://github.wdf.sap.corp/I065595/CDS_DML ) we don't get any error/indication on this, and the clone seems to be successful.

When trying to clone from other tools we do get an error:

  1. Git bash:

  1. InteliJ:

We would like to expose this information, and not only upon clone.  Whenever a commit for example causes some object to be invalid (just like what happened in this repository) we would like to warn the user.

In this case our user lost few months of work since he didn't realize this folder does not exist anymore.

We would appreciate your cooperation and assistance for solving this issue.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Vered

let's discuss this in the bug [1] you filed for this issue.

-Matthias

Back to the top