Re: [jgit-dev] Where to find JGit Daemon logs

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 8:47 PM, Mengwei Ding <mengwei.ding@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi jgit ninjas:

I have a question regarding Daemon class. In one of my java service, I bring up a git daemon via this class. However, whenever debugging with any git related issues, I am having trouble finding the logs in the git daemon side.

So is there a way to persist and pull out the logs of the git daemon brought up by JGit? or as long as you have configured the logs for native git daemon, it applies to the daemon brought up by JGit as well?

JGit uses the slf4j API [1] for logging. In order to output logs you need to bind slf4j to the
logging framework you are using in your application, see [2].

JGit only logs some errors at the moment. The class Daemon itself doesn't write any logs.
Which kind of logs are you looking for ?

-Matthias

Back to the top