Re: [jgit-dev] Is there an interest of a porcelain like API for bare repos?

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 2:55 PM, Alexandre Porcelli Bakos <porcelli@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We already have this in our codebase [1], wondering if there would be
interest to get this code (with some necessary adjusts, of course)
into JGit codebase.

If yes, I'd be happy to contribute.

[1] https://github.com/porcelli-forks/uberfire/tree/jgit-improvements-ketch/uberfire-nio2-backport/uberfire-nio2-impls/uberfire-nio2-jgit/src/main/java/org/uberfire/java/nio/fs/jgit/util/commands
[2] https://github.com/porcelli-forks/uberfire/blob/jgit-improvements-ketch/uberfire-nio2-backport/uberfire-nio2-impls/uberfire-nio2-jgit/src/main/java/org/uberfire/java/nio/fs/jgit/util/GitImpl.java

this looks really interesting.

on first glance I found the following interesting parts in your code
* jgit based NIO filesystem implementation
* additional commands, options for JGit porcelain API
* it seems you are using Ketch, could you shed some light on how you are using it and what's the status of Ketch from your experience using it ?

I think it would be nice if you could contribute this code.

The filesystem implementation could go into a separate bundle (jar).

New commands/options should be integrated with existing commands in package org.eclipse.jgit.api, I think we should not duplicate already existing commands to add support for bare repositories but rather enhance the existing commands if they do not yet support bare repositories.

-Matthias

Back to the top