Re: [jgit-dev] git tag --contains <commit>

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 17:10, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> For that case of the commit with itself, it's not working so I updated
>> the code to get around that...
>>     https://gist.github.com/839693
>>
>> Any thoughts on how to debug without getting lost in JGit internals?
>> My simple case was a base who is the parent of tip.
>
> Any thoughts on this Shawn, I'm a bit stuck at the moment.

You committed the cardinal sin of passing one RevWalk's RevCommit to a
different RevWalk instance. This lead the merge base code to have two
representations of the same commit, which meant the flags weren't set
correctly and there was never a merge base found.

I've posted a fixed test to https://gist.github.com/850385

--
Shawn.

Back to the top