[jetty-users] Jetty 12 return wrong Host header?

Hello all,

I have encountered what I think is a bug in Jetty 12 but I would like to check here if that is actually true.

I use port forwarding to forward HTTP requests from port 443 to 8443. Requests arrive at the default port without an explicit port number in the URL so

request.getRequestURL().toString

does not show a port number. But

request.getHeader("Host")

returns the host name including the port number. This makes it impossible to distinguish requests with explicit ports from requests without these. Jetty 11 does not show this same behaviour.

Cheers,

Silvio

Back to the top