[jetty-users] MD5 password obfuscation not cooperating

More on this problem:

The Jetty class 'org.eclipse.jetty.util.security.Password' generates a _different_ md5 hash for the password than either md5sum or the Tomcat auth class (which agree with other). Unfortunately, the result also fails to work.

For more data points, I tried using the CRYPT and OBF hashes produced by jetty security. The CRYPT hash does not work, but interestingly enough the OBF hash does.

To summarize:

plain-text:  Working
OBF: Working
CRYPT: NOT working
MD5: NOT working

All other configuration is held constant. I'm changing only one line in the realm.properties file.

Please let me know if any further information is needed?