Re: [jetty-users] Jetty HttpClient Baisc Authentication - could not find any realm

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 5:48 PM,  <svilen.valkanov@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have set up a local Proxy Server and made a few tests:
> - I have tried with the empty String - I received 407 Unauthorized as
> response;

Depending on how your setup is, this may be normal.

> - I have tried with a valid realm value ("CCProxy Authorization"), I receive
> 200 OK as response;

Okay.

> - empty realm String ends with NPE;

You just said above you get a 407 ?!?

> - the server is sending the challenge with a realm;
> - Response headers :
> Server: Proxy
> Proxy-Authenticate: Basic realm="CCProxy Authorization"
> Cache-Control: no-cache
> Connection: close
> Proxy-Connection: Close
>
> The question remains still the same - is there any option like in the Apache
> HttpClient API to set credentials for any realm ?

Not currently, please file an issue.

As a workaround, you can override BasicAuthentication.matches(...)
with your own logic.

--
Simone Bordet
----