Re: [jetty-users] Problem upgrading Jetty

Ciao,

On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 1:45 PM, Andrea Cappelli <a.cappelli@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> I started using Jetty from version 9.1.0.v20131115 as a replacement for
> Tomcat.
>
> I saw in start.jar help that lib and others directory where searched in
> jetty.base and (if not found) in jetty.home, so I set jetty.home to the
> jetty distribution and jetty.base to a directory which contains only a
> start.ini script with the configurations (modules and so on)

Correct.

> I use Upstart on Ubuntu Precise
>
> Now I would upgrade to jetty 9.1.1.v20140108, but seems that my upstart
> script doesn't works, the process stops saying that it can't find
>
> {jetty.base}/lib
> {jetty.base}/lib/ext
> {jetty.base}/resources
> {jetty.base}/logs
>
> So I suppose something changes in this release, but the help still says that
> jetty.home is a fallback for jetty.base
>
> I'm doing something (obviously) wrong?

Ideally, 9.1.1 should be a drop-in replacement for 9.1.0.
That is what we experienced in updating our own web sites, for example.

Try:

java -jar start.jar --list-config

It will tell you a number of things related to your current
configuration, and they should be helpful to understand what's wrong.

Let us know.

--
Simone Bordet
----