Re: [jetty-users] clear steps when upgrading jetty

I would avoid the apt-get upgrades, unless your distro is taking steps
the make sure they get laid out correctly, etc...

personally I don't know anyone that would trust someone else to get
upgrades done automatically on a production machine using something
like that for a java application...

typically we see people operate on either the distribution and maybe
symlink the webapps directory....or just use embedded jetty and
produce their own distribution that does things the way they want,
then jetty is just another component in their application.

either way is fine really, there is no one right canonical way to do
things with jetty, you can use and abuse it anyway you like

jesse

--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@xxxxxxxxx