[jdt-dev] FW: Debugger Help needed

Title: FW: Debugger Help needed

Can anyone help me in this regard. Please

 -----Original Message-----
From:   Mysore, Visweswaraiah
Sent:   Friday, October 27, 2006 2:53 AM
To:     'Darin_Wright@xxxxxxxxxx'
Cc:     'mysorevish@xxxxxxxxx'
Subject:        Debugger Help needed

Dear Darin Wright,

       Let me introduce myself to you, My name Visweswaraiah(you call me Vish) and working for Fidelity as a Lead in Java and J2EE technology.

        I have been going through the documents and article written by you on Writing Debugger on Eclipse IDE. I have requirement now to Write Debugger for Blaze Rule engine on        Eclipse IDE.I have followed your Steps to write a debugger for Eclipse IDE, unfortunately I could not able to complete it, problem I am facing are following

        1. I am trying to execute your example itself. When I try to open the .pda file I am getting following error

        Unable to create this part due to an internal error. Reason for the failure: The editor class could not be instantiated. This usually indicates that the editor's class name was        mistyped in plugin.xml.

                Exception is
                        java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.debug.examples.ui.pda.editor.PDAEditor
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:403) … etc.

        2. I have an no idea how to write interpreter, Can I reuse your Interpreter with minor changes? Do I need to write my own interpreter?

                If so what are requirements, conditions, … etc.

        I kindly request you to help me in solving the above problems and send me the working source code of your example and complete steps or book to write the debugger .

        If I am able to execute your example on my system, I will try replicate the same for Blaze Rule engine also. But I am having big question on interpreter.

        I hope the message is clear for you about my requirements and problems.

        I once again kindly request you oblige my request and do the needful, ASAP. As I need to submit a report to higher ups next week itself. Thanks in advance for helping me.

           Please mark a copy of your reply to mysorevish@xxxxxxxxx.

Thanks & Regards,

M.N.Visweswaraiah
Fidelity Business Services India Pvt. Ltd.
Manyata Embassy Business Park
Outer Ring Road (Hebbal – Krishnarajpuram Section)
Opp. BEL Corporate Office
Bangalore, India

Mobile no: 91-9845500042
Office no: 91-80-4033-5272