[jdt-dev] Javadocs Configuration

Hi,

I'm new to the list, so bare with me while I get acclimated to the
environment.  I'm using Eclipse 3.0rc1 to setup my first project using
Eclipse.  I'm familiar with Java IDE's so I'm not having any trouble
navigating to the project properties and adding libraries.  Along with
adding a library, I have the option to specify source and javadocs
references.  It appears that once I set the source attribute of a
library, the javadocs show up in the code editor.  That's what I'd
expect and that's great.  Now to my problem, the javadoc reference --
what does it do?

I'm trying to add a JSF 1.1 library to my project.  I've got the JSF 1.1
javadocs, but no source.  Consequently, when I go to a JSF reference in
the code editor, I don't see any javadocs.  It seems like I'm
misunderstanding the use of the Javadocs library reference, but couldn't
find anything in the help system that explains this feature.  Thanks for
any assistance.

- Dave

Back to the top