[jdt-dev] Is SearchPattern not finished yet?

The javadoc for SearchPattern.createPattern(String stringPattern, int searchFor, int limitTo, int matchRule) mentions that searchFor can be any of the following:

   * |IJavaSearchConstants.CLASS|: only look for classes
   * |IJavaSearchConstants.INTERFACE|: only look for interfaces
   * |IJavaSearchConstants.TYPE|: look for both classes and interfaces
   * |IJavaSearchConstants.FIELD|: look for fields
   * |IJavaSearchConstants.METHOD|: look for methods
   * |IJavaSearchConstants.CONSTRUCTOR|: look for constructors
   * |IJavaSearchConstants.PACKAGE|: look for packages

However, after looking at the code it looks that only TYPE, METHOD, CONSTRUCTOR, FIELD, and PACKAGE are supported. Is there no individual support for Classes or Interfaces yet? I was wondering why my pattern is coming out equal to null... the workaround is not difficult, but it seems that at least the javadoc should be accurate; at the moment, I think it's a bit misleading.

--
Liam Morley
Computer Science Undergraduate

Back to the top