[jdt-dev] idea for refactoring

While I was sitting here coding today, I had, what I consider to be,
an excellent idea for a refactoring option.  When creating a method,
it is often times necessary to create several "optional" methods with
different signatures which in turn call the primary method.
Therefore, I propose a refactoring named:

generate alternate caller method

or something to that effect.  It would ask for fields to be accepted
and which of those fields will be used to call the primary method and
then generate the delegating method.

Thoughts?

Back to the top