Re: [jdt-dev] idea for new viewer part - jar manifest browser

Dan,

enhancements to Eclipse are best reported via a feature request in
bugzilla.
See https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_feature.cgi

Dirk

             Dan Allen
             <dan.j.allen@gmai
             l.com>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  jdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             jdt-dev-admin@ecl                                          cc
             ipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [jdt-dev] idea for new viewer part
             09.07.2004 16:40          - jar manifest browser

             Please respond to
             jdt-dev@eclipse.o
                    rg

As *.jar files mature, developers are making more use of the
manifest.mf file for meta information, such as vendor ids, revision
numbers and formal package names.  It would be most excellent if
eclipse had the ability to create a manifest viewer part such that
when clicking on a packaged *.jar file, it would show this information
in the editor in a formatted manner (perhaps similar to how the editor
appears).

This feature becomes especially important when dealing with
generically named jar files, such as standard.jar or struts.jar.  It
is virtually impossible to know what version you currently have
installed based on those filenames.

Just an idea...I will add it to my list of things to play with, but if
someone beats me to the punch, that would be great as well.

Dan Allen
http://www.mojavelinux.com