Re[2]: [jdt-debug-dev] Debug Event Processing

Hello Jared,

Thursday, August 1, 2002, 10:35:50 AM, you wrote:

> I don't think we should update the details pane when stepping. It is way too
> expensive.

> I suggest that we either require the user to reselect a variable to recompute
> the detail or we could update it automatically, but only after a period of
> time has passed since the last step.

Personally, I like the idea of the pause, but only if the "period of
time" is short... like 500 ms.  That way someone can do really quick
stepping if they want, and then slow down and see the values change
per step if they want.  Re-selecting the variable would be much too
cumbersome -- especially if you're stepping specifically to watch the
value of a variable change.

Back to the top