Re: [jakarta.ee-community] Webinar: Creating CI/CD pipelines for EE4J projects

On 2018-09-12 9:28 AM, Kevin Sutter wrote:
I know we discussed and approved this usage of "jakarta" over "javax", but what was the expected timing of this change?  Immediately?  Or, wait until after Eclipse Glassfish is Java EE 8 compliant, which would then signal the formal start of Jakarta EE releases.  Specific case...  The recent JAX-RS 2.1.1 update.  If that would have been released this week, should it have used "jakarta" in it's group and artifact ids?  Or, should we wait until after we declare that Java EE has successfully transitioned to Eclipse?

As far as I know 'jakarta' will be used for new specs, while existing specs will continue to use the 'javax' namespace.

At the moment we continue to labor under the restriction that we cannot modify the javax namespace until Oracle and the EF complete the agreement allowing us to do so.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top