[jakarta.ee-community] Jakarta EE Bootstrapping and packaging

Hi,
as for my background , i have been working for the last 3 years or so with JavaEE , i have yet to post anything to the eclipse community .
i have read the discussion about dropping ear support, and i do have an opinion about how a better solution should be implemented( i figured that its a little bit off topic so i have started a new thread..):
1.a main deployment should consist of a war
2.additional jars could be optionally loaded from a predesignated  location , each jar with its own classloader . parent classloader is the war's classloader. bean manager per class loader. plugins should be able to be dependent on one another . plugins will have full java ee spec support (cdi, jaxrs,jpa etc)

this is similar to how jboss modules works but with the exception that it allows cdi/ejb beans (while it is possible to use cdi/ejb beans in jboss modules per my understanding it is not recommended)

the difference between my suggestion and ear structure is that class loading structure is fully defined and allows dependency between jars and war both ways via interfaces that will be loaded with the parent class loader.

this will allow better source control and allows dividing the business logic into small pieces.

Thoughts?

Back to the top