Re: [jakarta.ee-community] About Profiles

Web Profile is still too "fat" why would some vendors have taken the trouble with MicroProfile? ;-)

Although "Micro" may be the wrong term here, given many of the MicroProfile features or "glue" to other external projects like Failsafe or Dropwizard (much like Spring ;-) etc. may never really be something to standardize and test via a (Jakarta EE) TCK harness at all, but there should be a smaller profile that does not force everyone who wants to expose a simple RESTful API to also implement Servlet, JSP, JSF and a whole lot of other stuff, see https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24239978/java-ee-web-profile-vs-java-ee-full-platform (it even includes EJB and JPA or JTA)

Werner