[iot-wg] Eclipse IoT Metrics - Nov 2015: call for PMC inputs!

All,

Please find attached the Eclipse IoT metrics for last months.
A couple noteworthy points:
  • 4DIAC is now properly included, in particular their mailing list activity is tracked.
  • I’ve started to include the number of subscriptions to each mailing list (inc. cross projects mailing lists like iot-wg or iot-pmc). As I don’t have access to the history of those numbers, I will start plotting a trend as soon as we have enough data.

Also, as indicated yesterday, I would really like to get PMC input regarding the projects that may appear as “malfunctioning” (for lack of a better word). There could be several symptoms (lack of commits, slow activity on dev mailing list or bug tracker, …) and certainly several causes, more often than not harmless ones (e.g dev team has other priorities).

However, it’s my impression that some projects require help, so would you please go through the metrics (in particular the yearly dev activity table) to identify some of the symptoms I mentioned before so as we, as a PMC, can take actions to come back to the projects.
I hope we can use today’s call to go through the projects we/you will have identified and discuss what we’d like to do. My hope is that this will also help position the PMC as more than just a team that pre-approves CQ, and help bring more value to our projects :-)

Thanks!
Benjamin –