[iot-wg] LWM2M over MQTT w/OSGi and/or Docker in future ?

Hi all,

We need the framework to manage devices and any applications for IoT/M2M edges lightweightly.
So and we are developping IoT/M2M device and software management system which based on LWM2M over MQTT on OSGi.
Main components are based below:
- Java
  + client<edge> - JavaSE Embedded 8 compact 1 (* important requirement for us)
  + server, bootstrap server - Full JRE
- LWM2M over MQTT - https://github.com/sathipal/lwm2m_over_mqtt
- Leshan (2015.07.12 version) - https://github.com/eclipse/leshan
- Apache Felix 4.6.1 (OSGi framework) - http://felix.apache.org/
- MQTT Paho 1.0.2 - http://www.eclipse.org/paho/
- PostgreSQL 9.4 - http://www.postgresql.org/
- Apache HTTPd for the purpose of downloading firmware and application-bundles - https://httpd.apache.org/

Specification (currnet snapshot):
- LWM2M management objects - server(/1/0), device(/3/0), firmwareUpdate(/5/0), softwareManagement(/9/*, multiple instances).
- command server (udp loopback bind) locally in edge for the purpose of processing IoT/M2M edge-dependent managements
  by use of shell scripts.
- software managemnet supports OSGi bundle format only.
- server offers device and software-management raw level api to DMA portal (servlet-request and mqtt-response asynchronously)
  + OSGi HTTP Service (backend Jetty)
- original bootstrap mechanism for the purpose of sharding many clients in multiple servers.
- client, server and bootstrap server (all based on OSGi (felix)).

  client<edge> ---> bootstrap server

- server and bootstrap information stored using OSGi JDBC Service (actually uses backend PostgreSQL).
- server and bootstrap server watched by OSGi JMX Management Model (actually uses Apache Aries).

Now I am thinking whether supporting Docker in software managemnet or not. For examples, if there is "application format" resource ID
in LWM2M software management object, will set "OSGi-bundle" or "Docker-image" to application format.

In the first place is it strange that dealing with different format applications in one way ?
and what about LWM2M over MQTT in future ?

Regards,

--Shigeru

Back to the top