Re: [iot-pmc] libusb 1.0 works-with for Kura

Ok, thanks - in any way, it is a clear +1 from me! I’ll make use of this myself I guess :-)

Btw, I just noticed that usb4java changed the license from LGPL to MIT 16 days ago only - I assume you were involved in that decision making process…?

Mike, regarding a) i. and ii.: Imho the definition of „requires 3rd party software“ is a bit fuzzy. What does it mean? It is enough to be able to start up without an exception to claim that one does not require it? "where the Eclipse code works“ - well, it does not work in this case if you try to access the USB functionality, you will see exceptions. That’s why I prefer to talk about „optional functionality“, which means that no fundamental functionality is concerned by such a dependency and that the product is still usable in general and you simply must not use certain features.

Best regards,
Kai