[iot-pmc] libuv, libevent and alternatives

Hi,

I was just stumbling over the situation at CQ8709 for libuv. Now I don't
want to start a discussion whether or not to use it! If you want it,
take it!

However I would like to understand the reasons and maybe find possible
alternatives for portable asynchronous network IO for C.

As far as I remember Roger said something about issues with sockets on
Win32 with libevent.

I also stumbled over [1] which mentions that libevent2 has support for
Windows IOCP. Which should do the trick?!

So maybe every one who is interested should throw in a few more ideas.
Or event better, some facts ;-)

Jens

[1]
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/libevent/libevent/patches-2.0/whatsnew-2.0.txt