Re: [incubation] continuous integration of another Eclipseproject...

> On 27. Jul 2017, at 22:46, Kevin Sutter <kwsutter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >  I wonder: would the fact that these projects are both Eclipse projects (again, thinking positively since OpenJ9 hasn't yet passed its creation review!) help with the IP concerns?
>
> You would think so, but that's a question for the EMO...  I certainly agree with your original issue -- you don't want to be submitting CQs on a continual delivery basis.  Unless you could bake the creation of the appropriate CQ into your Jenkins build process.  JK!  :-)

If you consume (and redistribute) any Eclipse project, you inherit their dependencies. Thus, there is no need to file CQs again. However, in theory you need a CQ for the Eclipse OMR dependencies. It might be possible to express the continued consumption of "latest" Git in a single CQ. I'm not sure about that, though.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/