Re: [incubation] How can make a PR pass on Eclipse Validation

It appears that at least some of the commits in the pull request do not have a "signed-off-by" statement in the footer.

https://www.eclipse.org/projects/handbook/#resources-commit

I'll tweak the handbook to make this relationship between the error and the resolution more obvious.

We really, really, really want you to ensure that all of our contributors have signed the ECA and sign-off-by on their commits (the semantics of the signed-off-by provide us with some additional legal cover). However, getting the contributor to go back and add these is a little painful, so it's okay to just merge the commits with this missing (assuming that you're really, really sure that the contributor has signed the ECA; which you are in this case). Please consider this an exceptional case.

Please do try to get future contributors to properly sign-off on their commits.

HTH,

Wayne