[incubation] Publish NPM packages to npmjs

Hi,

N4JS is an extension of JavaScript and compiles to JavaScript. Also NPM is supported (for JavaScript ignoramus: NPM and npmjs is to JavaScript what Maven and Maven Central is to Java).

Although N4JS is written in Java, we provide some JavaScript libraries along with N4JS. We even provide the headless compiler (written in Java, i.e. a jar bundle) by means of NPM to allow for easy use in CD builds.

For these NPM packages we have created a user "n4js" at npmjs: https://www.npmjs.com/~n4js

With regards to NPM publishing I have several questions:

1) How is publishing to NPM managed by the Eclipse Foundation in general. Is publishing a release to NPM similar to creating a release?

2) Which NPM user is to be used? There does not seem to exists an Eclipse Foundation user at npmjs, does it? The user "eclipse" obviously belongs to someone else...

3) We could reuse our account "n4js", which we probably will use for "official" Eclipse N4JS NPM releases. For nonofficial releases we would then use our own user, but probably the same NPM names (using scoped names then). Would that be ok (trademark wise)?

Best regards,
Jens

Back to the top