Re: [incubation] File headers for generated files

On Sun, 2017-06-04 at 13:49 -0700, Tyler Jewell wrote:
> I am interested in learning more about what you define as "generated code".  Could you be more explicit and provide an example?

Eclipse 4diac's 4diac-ide component is a classical Eclipse RCP consisting of app. 50 Eclipse plugins (some even generated)

As Eclipse RCP we have the main data model all of our editors are working developed with EMF generating Java code for the model es well as the edit
plugin for content and label providers

We are also using XText for some textual languages. There EMF models, according Java files, xtend, and full plugins are generated.

And finally we have some Xtend code which is compiled to java.

For our use case Docker images are definitely an overkill. The code generation could for sure be integrated into the build process. This is definitely
an interesting option for the future. But first we want to get our initial contribution finished.

Alois